Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Week 1: January 11th

Welcome to my first blog. While I am doing this for an assignment in R685: The World is Open with Web Technology, my personal focus with be how all of this fits with nursing education. I am a Clinical Assistant Professor of Nursing for Indiana University School of Nursing. I am always seeking ways to improve the quality and delivery of nursing education.

The focus for the first week of the course is Neo Millennial and Web 2.0 Learners. One of the articles we read this week is called:
Oblinger, D. G. (2008). Growing up with Google: What it means to education. Becta: Emerging technologies for learning, 3, 10-29. Retrieved April 10, 2008, from http://partners.becta.org.uk/upload-dir/downloads/page_documents/research/emerging_technologies08_chapter1.pdf

Cool Resources that I liked for the Week 1 include:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/digitalnation/press/ Which is a trailer for a PBS documentary for Digital Nation and discusses how technology may bring people and families together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ILQrUrEWe8 This is a new version of 'Did You Know 4.0'. I did share this one with my online students this week in a Professional Nursing Communication course.

2 comments:

  1. It seems surreal doesn't it? All the ways to stay in touch. Do you use Facebook or Twitter? I have a friend who posted a picture from her web cam showing her facebook friends a screen shot of her family all online via the web cam. They live in different states and mail their presents. But every Christmas they all get their santa had on and go online to open presents. How cool is that?

    [I'll look for more of your posts later this week. This is the only one I found so far so let me know if I should be looking in a different link - Diane]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, I'm just now checking in to your blog. I love the clear focus you have for your blog and the attractive format!

    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete